Future Group is a group of companies with a conscience - all of our business is conducted with an eye to our impact on the world around us. We minimise our use of energy and resources wherever possible to ensure we play our part in reducing our impact on climate change.
Future Voice and Data are the first reseller in the UK to offer to offset the carbon dioxide emitted through the use of your phone system throughout its maintained life - as part of our green option maintenance contracts. We will wrap up the cost of participating in a carbon offset scheme, approved by the United Nations CDM and the ICROA, based on the estimated energy consumption of your system over a year.
Many of the technologies we supply can by their very nature result in significant carbon savings:
- PoE, or Power over Ethernet, powered devices (such as phone handsets, WiFi access points, security cameras, and even PC’s and monitors) can be centrally powered off on a schedule, saving energy when the offices are closed - not to mention providing greater resiliency in the event of power loss. Having just one single power supply for a multitude of devices also offers both greater efficiency and better use of resources than having many, less efficient power supplies.
- Conference calls and video conferencing can remove the need for face to face meetings, cutting down on journeys made, resulting in less fuel burned.
- Our IP-based technology allows key staff to work from home where necessary - again, reducing the need for unnecessary journeys. When used in conjunction with the powerful hot-desking functionality a modern system can offer, we can reduce the total office space required, cutting down on related heating and lighting energy use.
- Fax server technology and unified messaging can cut down on paper usage, resulting in less resources and less waste.
- Our PBX systems are designed to be expandable and upgradeable, maximizing their useful life, resulting in hardware that no longer needs replacing as frequently – this saves valuable resources.
should you have no recycling capability on-site, we offer to remove all waste from the install process and equipment packaging and recycle it ourselves.